Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Digital Communications Introduction

Welcome to my new blog for digital communications.  The reason I chose to write my blog through this platform is because I used Blogger last semester in my Mass Communications class and it worked smoothly, was easy to become accustomed to and gave you the ability to present images and videos in a creative manner.  My decision with the font and text size was based on my desire to present my blog in a professional way where the text is meant to relay information as straight forward as possible and have the images and paragraph structure keep the readers attention at the same time.

After completing this Digital Communications course I hope to be able to create and maintain my own website, use blogging and other social media to connect with my peers and better understand emerging technologies in our world today that I haven't yet mastered.

As far as a career goes I am still trying to figure out my life's path.  One aspiration of mine is to create my own business that will someday grow into an international company.  However, my less exciting alternative to that plan is to join a marketing firm and hopefully find work in the creative aspects of marketing and advertising products.  Additionally, I've considered being a bartender for the first couple years out of college before going to grad school simply because it seems like fun.

One topic I would like to explore through digital media is how education varies from country to country, how the United States stacks up against other countries in this regard and how social factors in different countries contribute to that country's levels of education among their population.

My next blog post will come in the next couple days and I look forward to continuing with this blog throughout the rest of the semester.


No comments:

Post a Comment